Everyday Brushes: What our artist Elizabeth uses for her own makeup
Brushes are important and an investment and here’s why:
- You waste less product. You don’t use as much with a brush because you can control the amount you grab. When you put it on your hands there’s usually extra that goes to waste.
- Your Brushes will make your makeup go on better. Think about the natural oils on your hands. This transfers to your product then to your face. By using a brush you will ruin less product (you know… those powders that have a dark ring around them, that’s almost always the oils wrecking it).
- You won’t have dirty hands that get makeup on your clothes
- Makeup will look exactly how you want it to. Each brush has a purpose and when you learn that it will make your makeup routine much faster and look more flawless and polished.
1. Mac brow brush – Cause my brows need work. A stiff angle brush is perfect for this
2. Mac #217 x3 – I need one for light, medium and dark eye shadows
3. Still – an incredible makeup brush for blending – only at Wal-mart and surprising my favorite ever!
4. Pointed brush. Morphe – perfect for a cut crease.
5. Smudge Brush, great for a smoked out liner
6. Spoolie –excellent for brushing out your brows, you can use disposal
7. Scissors – perfect for cutting false lashes. These are $40 from mac but any small scissors work for this. These are rounded at the end for if you use them by the face
8. Mac #224 – concealer brush
9. Sephora Contour brush – amazing for contouring and adding shimmer
10. Mac Duo, large – I use this for my liquid foundation everyday, it’s fast and looks natural but can build up beautifully
11. Quo Blending brush – great for powder every day
To learn how to use them check out our youtube channel!
There are some random brushes in there too that’s I rarely use but I’ve received from Ipsy or a makeup palette but I wouldn’t consider investing in something that you aren’t sure your going to use. I often find my new brushes on Morphe.com, once I know I like them and they are worth it I spend more on a high end brush that’s going to last a long time and most likely work better as well.
xoxo Blushed Team